Beef Short Ribs Recipe slow cooks perfectly seasoned beef short ribs, carrots and onions in a broth that turns into an awesome gravy.
These fall off the bone Beef Short Ribs Recipe will remind you of those home cooked meals your Grandmother used to make. mmmmmmgood!
Are you looking for some great comfort food recipes to get you through the winter months? These cold winter days are perfect for those slow cooking recipes that make your home smell like heaven. You know the home-style kind that your Mom and Grandma used to fix while you were at school. I remember coming home from school to the best smells that good cooking has to offer.
I love those kind of meals and now that all the trees are down and the ground is almost a shade of brown those comfort foods are just the perfect pick me up. These fall off the bone Beef Short Ribs are mouthwatering goodness. They slow cook for about two hours. Dutch ovens are perfect because you can do it all in one pan. However if you have an ovenproof skillet that will work as well or you can just use a skillet and a casserole dish.
Fall Off The Bone Beef Short Ribs Recipe slow cooks perfectly seasoned beef short ribs, carrots and onions in a broth that turns into an awesome gravy. You can serve with mashed potatoes or egg noodles. Add a nice crusty piece of french bread and you will think that you have won the lottery.
How to cook Beef Short Ribs Recipe.
First in a large ziploc bag add flour, brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin and cayenne. Add the short ribs and shake to coat. Using an ovenproof skillet or dutch oven brown the short ribs in butter over medium heat and remove to plate. Deglaze the pan with a little bit of wine to remove those brown bits. Then add the Worcestershire sauce, beef broth, onions, carrots and browned short ribs.
Cover and bake for a couple of hours. Remove the meat and vegetables to a plate. Mix equal parts cold water and cornstarch. Whisk into pan with the juices to create the gravy. Serve the gravy ladled over the meat and veggies.
What are Beef Short Ribs?
They are a cut of beef taken from the brisket, chuck, or rib. Included are a short portion of the rib bone which is covered by varying thicknesses of beef. They are best slow cooked so the fat that is marbled in them can tenderize the meat.
What is a dutch oven?
A Dutch Oven is a large heavy pot that works on top of the stove for browning. Then covered and into the oven for slow cooking. It is the perfect braising pan. I love my dutch ovens. I use them for soups and even for deep frying when I don’t want to clean the fryer. Because it is so heavy it helps keep the oil at a more steady temperature. They are so easy to use and clean.
Yes folks winter does have its benefits. You might as well take full advantage of the recipes for the season like these lip smacking Beef Short Ribs Recipe because before you know it the season will be over and you will be looking for salads, fruit and grill recipes.
Other beef recipes you will love!
- Beef Bourguignon Recipe
- Beef Bulgogi (Korean Beef)
- Slow Cooker Beef Brisket Recipe
- The Best Spicy Beef Pepper Stir Fry
- Slow Cooker Drip Beef Sandwiches
This post was originally published December 14, 2017 and was republished October 28, 2018 with new content.
Fall Off The Bone Beef Short Ribs
Fall Off The Bone Beef Short Ribs Recipe slow cooks perfectly seasoned beef short ribs, carrots and onions in a broth that turns into an awesome gravy.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 1/2 hours
- Total Time: -25932830.883333 minute
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 2 lbs beef short ribs
- 2–3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can (14.5 ounce) low sodium beef broth
- 2 medium onions quartered
- 3 carrots peeled and chunked
- In large ziploc bag add flour, brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin and cayenne. Add short ribs and shake to coat.
- In dutch oven or large heavy skillet melt 1-2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add short ribs and brown on all sides. Do not overcrowd so you may need to work in batches. Add more butter if necessary. Remove browned short ribs to plate. Add wine to deglaze the pan. Stir to remove the brown bits from the pan. Add Worcestershire sauce, beef broth, onions, carrots and browned short ribs. Cover with lid or heavy aluminum foil and place in oven at 325 degrees for 2-2 1/2 hours or until tender.
- Remove the meat and veggies to a platter. Thoroughly mix 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch with 1 1/2 tablespoons cold water, then pour into your sauce. Cook over medium heat for several minutes to thicken.
- Serve gravy poured over meat and veggies.
Keywords: beef short ribs, short ribs, ribs, slow cooked ribs,