Smoked Salmon Patties are scrumptious fish cakes filled with smoked salmon, dill and a touch of Parmesan Cheese. They are flaky and flavorful on the inside and crispy and crunchy on the outside. You can serve with fresh lemon wedges or my easy dill mayo. For a complete meal serve with Parmesan Herb Potatoes and Vinegar Coleslaw.
I absolutely love these Smoked Salmon Patties. They are a family favorite because they are incredibly yummy! These delectable patties are made with smoked salmon. My mother in law used to make hers with canned salmon and to be honest with you I can not deal with all the skin, bones and other stuff in the can with the salmon. I much prefer a piece of clean smoked flaky fish. Now combine that scrumptious flaked salmon with breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, mayo, Dijon mustard, eggs, dill, pepper and Parmesan and pan fry it in a little oil. Then it becomes a little piece of heaven in an otherwise crazy world.
How do you make Smoked Salmon Patties?
Simply combine the smoked salmon, panko breadcrumbs, minced onion, minced garlic, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, eggs, dill weed, fresh cracked black pepper and freshly grated Parmesan in a large bowl. Stir to combine and shape with your hands into somewhat small patties.
Now heat a little canola or vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat Add the patties and cook until golden brown on both sides. This only takes a 2-3 minutes per side. Try to resist the urge to flip more than once since they can break apart if flipped too early.
Sauce for Salmon Patties
You can serve these Salmon Cakes with lemon wedges, tarter sauce or Honey Mustard Sauce We love this dill mayo with the patties. To make it mix together mayonnaise, fresh lemon juice, dill weed and garlic powder in a small bowl. Serve the dill mayo with the warm salmon patties.
Helpful Tips for making Smoked Salmon Patties with Dill Mayo!
- Buy good quality smoked salmon. Costco sells some really great brands.
- Use freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Don’t purchase the stuff in the cans.
- If at all possible use fresh chopped dill. Spring is the perfect time to plant an herb garden. Most herbs are very easy to take care of with the exception of cilantro.
- Mince the onion and garlic fine as these are small patties that cook for a short time.
- Use canola or vegetable oil. These oils have a high smoking point for crisping your salmon patties over medium/high heat
- Resist the urge to used added salt as smoked salmon and Parmesan cheese will provide plenty of salt.
Other seafood recipes you will love!
- Shrimp and Grits Southern Style with Cheesy Grits
- Garlic Lemon Butter Seared Scallops
- Beer Battered Fried Cod with Fresh Chips
- Crab Rangoon Egg Rolls
- Lobster Tails
Smoked Salmon Patties with Dill Mayonnaise
Smoked Salmon Patties are scrumptious fish cakes filled with smoked salmon, dill and a touch of Parmesan Cheese. They are flaky and flavorful on the inside and crispy and crunchy on the outside.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 12 patties 1x
- Category: seafood
- Method: pan fry
- Cuisine: Southern
- 1 lb smoked salmon skin removed and flaked
- 1/2 cup finely minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan Cheese
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Combine the smoked salmon, panko breadcrumbs, minced onion and garlic, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, eggs, dill weed, fresh cracked black pepper and freshly grated Parmesan in a large bowl. Stir to combine and shape with your hands into small patties.
- Add oil to large skillet over medium heat. Cook the patties until golden brown on both sides; approximately 2-3 minutes each side.
- Mix together the mayonnaise, fresh lemon juice, dill weed and garlic powder in a small bowl. Serve the dill mayo with the warm salmon patties.
Keywords: pan fried salmon patties, recipes using smoked salmon, seafood, salmon patties, pan fried salmon patties, salmon cakes