THIS STROMBOLI RECIPE INCLUDES AN EASY MADE FROM SCRATCH PIZZA DOUGH ALONG WITH HELPFUL HINTS ON MASTERING THE STROMBOLI AND MAKING THIS RECIPE EPIC. THIS SCRUMPTIOUS FAMILY FAVORITE IS LOADED WITH PEPPERONI, HAM AND MOZZARELLA.
If you have never made a homemade Stromboli Recipe than you are in for one delectable treat. This pepperoni, ham and mozzarella stromboli one is my absolute favorites and can be mastered by even the novice chef.
Life just wouldn’t be the same without scrumptious recipes like this. Now this particular recipe calls for homemade pizza dough because when it come to stromboli I think it makes all the difference in the world. This beauty is stuffed with marinara, pepperoni, sweet ham and mozzarella however there are many choices when it comes to stuffing a stromboli.
HOW TO MAKE STROMBOLI
First you prepare the pizza dough. You dissolve yeast and sugar in water. Mix flour, salt, yeast mixture and olive oil and either knead or let the stand mixer do the work. Cover and allow the dough to double in size. Divide the dough in half and roll out two rectangles. You can also take half the dough and wrap up and refrigerate for later use. Pizza dough is good for up to two weeks.
Melt butter and add garlic powder, basil and oregano. Lightly brush pizza crust with herb butter.
Spread shredded mozzarella over the crust, followed by ham, a thin layer of marinara and pepperoni leaving a border all the way around. With the pizza crust turned lengthwise roll up like you would cinnamon rolls. Place on cookie sheet and brush with egg wash and a little more herb butter. Cut slits in the top diagonally every inch and bake.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR MAKING THIS STROMBOLI RECIPE AMAZING!
- Roll the pizza dough out on surface lightly covered with flour. Move to baking sheet after rolled out.
- If the pizza dough seems to be springing back when you roll it then give the gluten time to relax in its new flat shape. Roll it out, wait 15 minutes, roll it again, repeat if neccessary.
- Leave a 1-2 inch border around the pizza dough so you can pinch and seal consequently leaving all the goodies cooking inside.
- Place on cookie sheet seam side down.
- Make sure you brush the top with egg wash, herb butter and a sprinkle of mozzarella.
- Bake in center of preheated oven uncovered.
I can not tell you enough how delicious this stromboli is. It makes for the prefect party appetizer or family dinner. Do yourself a huge favor and make this amazing Stromboli Recipe today!
More delicious appetizers you will love!!
- Easy & Kid Friendly Mozzarella Pepperoni Croissants
- Crab Rangoon Crescent Cups
- Ham Onion Cheddar Puffs
- Raspberry Baked Brie
- Triple Cheese & Bacon Pinwheels
- Mexican Chicken Empanadas
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 cups all purpose flour plus extra for rolling
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 1/2 cups finely shredded mozzarella
- 6 large thin slices sweet ham
- 1/2 cup marinara plus more for dipping
- 6 ounces pepperoni
- 1 egg beaten
- In a small bowl mix together yeast, sugar and water. Let it sit for about 10 minutes for the yeast to activate. If the yeast is active small bubbles will form on the surface.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer using dough hook add flour, salt, yeast mixture and olive oil. Mix on low for about five minutes or until the dough starts to pull from the sides.
- Spray a large bowl with cooking oil. Place dough inside bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Allow it to double in size; approximately one hour.
- Split dough in half. Roll dough out on lightly floured surface to an approximately 10 x 13 rectangle. Move dough to baking sheets.
- Melt butter in small microwaveable bowl. Stir in basil, oregano and garlic powder. Brush over the laid out pizza crust. Sprinkle each crust with 1 cup of shredded mozzarella leaving a 1 1/2 inch border all around the pizza crust. Layer with ham leaving same border. Divide pizza sauce and spread over ham keeping off of the border. Layer with pepperoni overlapping again avoiding the border. Turn the pizzas horizontally in front of you and gently roll the pizza dough into logs sealing the edges as you go. Place seam side down on baking sheets.
- Brush with beaten egg, brush the tops lightly with the butter/herb mixture. Sprinkle each stromboli evenly with the remaining mozzarella. Cut slits diagonally in the top about 1 inch apart.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Slice along slits and serve with extra marinara.